Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Calling All SUPER Mommies!!! Help!!!!!!




My babies are 6 months old this week. Hard to believe that at this time last year, I was just getting use to idea that our family would be going from two to four. It is amazing what happens in a year.
I have to say that I am totally appreciating my job as a teacher. Having these couple of months to spend at home with my babies have been priceless. We spend our days laughing, playing, but mostly Mommy chasing my highly skilled "rollers". I can walk into the kitchen, leaving both babies on their mat, and I come back in to one on one side of the room and the other baby on the other side (both laughing). I am pretty sure that they know what they are doing. ;o) I can't imagine how much fun they will have with me when they figure out that they can crawl in opposite directions. I am thinking that one of those baby corals will be in our future.
The 6 months stage is proving to be a fun and exciting age. They are developing their cute little personalities. Ella Harper is independent and so funny. She is every expressive with her face and fairly easy going. She is happy anywhere you put her and she loves playing with her brother but is just as happy playing by herself. When she cries, you know she needs something. My little Tripp, on the other hand, is a total cuddle bug and turning into quite the "Mommy's Boy". He is very expressive as well. He is constantly "talking", laughing and squealing (which is his new thing lately). It is amazing to me how high his octave is. It will definitely get your attention. It is so cool watching them come into their own.
Another thing that is happening in the new stage.They are recognizing when people who are unfamiliar to them. I like to call this phase"stranger danger". They curl that bottom lip up and scream at unsuspecting elderly people in the grocery store who only want to squeeze their cute, chubby cheeks. Strangely enough it has been my easy going child, Ella Harper. I am hoping that the couple of times it has happened are isolated incidents. Usually they are both very sweet and good when we go on outings.
Right now I am trying to get my little Tripp to sleep through the night before I start back to school. He was before I started back to work and then he started getting up at least twice a night to eat but I also get up to put his paci in his mouth and the reposition him (even though he knows how to roll over himself). I read to ween them off of the night feedings that you reduce the amount of milk you give them and then you start diluting them with water. The theory is that they will stop waking up for water. I have started reducing the amount and so far I have found out that Tripp only wakes up for a night feeding out of habit (which I figured as much but nice to be confirmed). He eats the 2 oz vs the 6 he was getting and goes back to sleep. But how do I break the habit of feeding during the night at all? I am going to try diluting his bottles but any advice you might have to get him to sleep through the night would be wonderful. What have you tried and what has worked for you? Also, what do you do about the paci getting misplaced during the night? Remember he has a sister who is asleep in the same room so letting him cry himself back to sleep is not really an option. What is worse than having one baby awake at 2:00 a.m? Having two babies awake at 2:00 am!!! Help!!! I have about 3 weeks until school starts!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Carlyn,
    Dear cousin, I would give the boys a small amount of cereal in their night time bottle it seemed to keep the boys sleeping all night they would not wake up during the night, maybe it kept them full enough so they would sleep? I hope that helps
    Annette

    ReplyDelete