Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Salute You Working Mommies!

I had the pleasure of being a stay at home mommy from the end of May until August. I started school August 8th. Being home with my babies this summer was AWESOME! I loved spending every moment of the day with Tripp and Ella Harper. I had very mixed feelings on starting back to school. I always get an excited feeling when I get that new list of sweet first graders. I love the smell of new crayons and getting my room ready for a new year. Starting the year as a new mommy was a bit different. I was excited for the new year yet sad to be leaving my babies. I thought being a stay at home mom had its challenges but oh my!
I salute you working mommies! Not to discount the importance of stay at home mommies because I have done it and it is a job (a really important job at that). Being on the other side of the fence has given me a rare insight into the differences.
Not only do I get up during the night when ONE of my children (*cough cough* Tripp Halen) wakes up two or three times for HIS PACI (for goodness sake!) but then I am busy in the morning too. I am getting myself ready and trying to get in some good lovin' time too. Not to mention a.m. feedings (which my Rob does help with too). Then it is off to educate 19 precious first graders. I am usually home by 4:30 and then my 2nd job begins. I am feeding babies and hubby (ok...so confession, he does eat more cereal for supper now than he has probably eaten his whole life but I do try most weeks)....making baby food...playing....holding....loving....and putting babies to sleep. When I lay down my head, I can truly say that I have put in a full days work. I miss my occasional nap that I could catch while they were napping if I was tired (not anymore)...Then my Saturdays and Sundays I am left to catch up on laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning.
I am not complaining...it is what it is. I love both of my jobs. Sometimes when Monday rolls around way to fast, I do wish I could be at home with my angels. I worry that I am going to miss all their "first" and I am missing precious time with them. I then remind myself that in the long run I am helping my family. I am securing my children's college fund, putting diapers on their cute little butts, food in their belly, and helping our financial well being. It is a sacrifice and one that I must balance.
I am fortunate to have my babies grandmother taking care of them during the day. That is time that she will only get in this time of their life.
God has truly blessed my life tremendously. I think whatever your situation whether it be working or stay home...you should be thankful that you can stay home or that you can work! I get to be a working mom for nine months and a stay at home mom three. Although I am more tired some nights than I ever imagined now...I am blessed! Go and be blessed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment